Returns & Exchanges
We have to tell you, we’re pretty stoked to have you as a customer (or even just as a potential customer!). Our small team is made up of normal people just like you. (Well, we’re assuming, but you seem nice.) Because of this, we have a Just Be Cool Return Policy, which is exactly what we’d want our return policy to be if we were in your shoes.
What’s a “Just Be Cool Return Policy”?
It’s pretty simple, really. We’re cool to you, and you’re cool to us. Specifically, we define “Return Policy” as:
- If a product you order isn’t made properly, or was damaged in shipping, or we somehow sent you a green men’s 2XL when you ordered a red women’s S, we’re going to make things right at no further expense to you.
- If your order never arrived, even though the tracking number says it did, we’ll make you another order and send it to you at our expense. (We’ll even send nasty thoughts to that neighbor who stole your package. You know who we’re talking about…)
- If your shirt fits way too tight or way too loose, let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
Hey, you defined “Return Policy” but not “Just Be Cool”
Oh, right. So look, here’s the thing: we make every product to order, specifically for you when you buy it. This means when we get a product back as a return, we don’t just put it back on the warehouse shelf and send it to a future customer. Instead, we make you a new product and give your returned product to one of our assorted return department managers, who use them for things like adorning their stuffed animals. So we end up paying to make two products but we only get paid for one. And as you might imagine, that’s not a winning business model.
So with that in mind, here’s what we mean by “Just Be Cool”:
- Please don’t just ship an order back to the return address on your original package without contacting us first.
- Before you decide your order was lost in shipping, please check the tracking number and, if there’s any ambiguity about where the shipment is, please contact the shipper and try to track it down. (But we both know it was still probably you know who…)
- Please check and double-check our size chart before ordering. (Yes, that might mean actually getting out the tape measure.) And if you ordered a L when you secretly suspected you needed an XL (and believe us, we’ve been there…there’s a whole section of our closet filled with stuff we’ll be wearing Any Day Now™ when we lose 10 pounds), well, please be cool and don’t ask us to exchange the shirt. Instead, maybe buy another shirt in the correct size and give the first one you ordered to a friend as an awesome gift.
- If you ordered a particular design but now have changed your mind and would really like to have a different design instead…maybe think twice (or thrice) about exchanging it? :-) See that thing about friends and awesome gifts in the last bullet point.
- If you ordered 50 shirts for your extended family’s reunion but learned at the last minute that your entire family had secretly joined a cult and were planning to abduct you at the family reunion so you took off tires squealing and had to drive like 20 miles with your car’s lights off in the dark because they were chasing you in pickup trucks with your second-, third- and fourth-cousins standing in the beds holding pitchforks which seems a bit clichéd at first but not once you know that you come from a family with a proud farming tradition going back generations but you finally lost them by turning off on a dirt road without them noticing and you’ve had to leave home and are now hiding out in a Motel 6 under an assumed name in Pierre, South Dakota…hey, you know what, don’t worry about it. We’ll take the shirts back. Stay safe.
- And if for some reason you’re not satisfied with your order, please first send us a nice email explaining the problem and give us a chance to talk to you about it before getting super, super, super angry and…well, you know how some people (not you of course!) get sometimes. Like we said above, we’re normal people just like you. Send us an email and let’s talk. Please.
The Fine Print
There’s always fine print, amirite? So here it is:
- To request a return or exchange, you must contact us within 7 days of receiving your order.
- Items must be returned in their original condition. For clothing, this means unworn and unwashed.
- In those cases where your product was made correctly and isn’t damaged, and we agree to return or exchange it but we ask you to ship the original product back to us, you’re responsible for the return shipping costs.
- And finally, we do not accept returns or exchanges because of color variations. If we sent you a green shirt and you ordered a red one, that’s one thing. But for minor variations in color, we can’t accept returns or exchanges. We try really hard to represent our product colors as accurately as possible using the images on our store, but all kinds of things out of our control – different browsers, different devices, different screens – can cause the image colors to look a little different to you than they do to us. So if you order a red shirt, receive it, and then think “you know, I kind of don’t like this red”…we feel bad, we really do, but we can’t accept that as a reason to return the product.
Now, with all of that said, we reserve the right to Just Be Cool and ignore all of these rules when the mood strikes us. But we also reserve the right to refuse a return or exchange if we have good reason to think the Just Be Cool standard isn’t being met. That’s just how the world needs to work.
Starting the Process
Yeah, we know, we’ve been going on for a while. So if you need to replace, return, or exchange your product, start the process by emailing us at email@example.com, including your order number, and putting the word “Return” somewhere in the subject line. And please remember that:
- If you need a replacement item because your initial order was damaged or made incorrectly, include a few pictures in your email that allow us to clearly see the problem.
- If you’re contacting us for any other reason, be clear about why you’re writing (what product is at issue, and would you like a return or an exchange), and maybe tell us your favorite kind of pizza.
Please get in touch.